We are a NUT free school
Please do not send your child in with any products containing nuts, including cereal bars and Nutella.
School dinner menu
Caterlink cooks hot dinners in our kitchen our site every day. We have three choices, and there is always a vegetarian option. There is also a separate vegan menu, please speak to the office for more information.
If your child has any allergies or medical restrictions please speak to Mrs Benham to complete the correct forms.
Packed lunches and snacks
We encourage all of our children to eat healthily. If you want to provide a packed lunch for your child, please encourage them to try different foods and avoid relying on processed snacks and treats.
There are lots of ideas on the BBC GoodFood website
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free piece of fruit every morning breaktime. We also encourage the juniors to have a mid-morning snack to keep them going! This should be a piece of fruit or other healthy option - no crisps or chocolate please. If you would like your child to get fruit through the school Snack Shack, please sign up and pay on Parentpay.
Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to Universal Free School Meals. Once they enter Year 3, school meals must be paid for in advance through Parentpay.
However, you may be entitled to free School Meals, which saves you money and Woodingdean Primary School will receive extra funding for every child registered.
You can apply even when your child is in Key Stage 1, which means the school gets extra money even before you need to start paying for school dinners! As soon as we are told that you qualify we will give you vouchers for free school uniform from the school. All registered junior children will also get a free fruit snack every morning break from pupil services.
How Does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – please go online to the Brighton & Hove Council website by clicking here - free school meals.
- Complete the simple online form - you just need your name, date of birth and National Insurance number.
- Your child(ren) will be eligible for a free, healthy meal at lunchtime (saving you more than £400.00 a year per child) and the school gets extra funding.
- If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and you are registered, the school will receive the extra funding whether they have a packed lunch or school dinner.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from National Asylum Support Service (NASS) under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit(provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit.