Our Governing Body
We currently have 1 parent governor vacancy and opportunities to become an associate member.
Desired expertise could include strategic leadership skills, such as development planning, chairing meetings or budget monitoring, or knowledge of the local community (where you live or where you work). You do not have to be a parent (except for a parent governor vacancy) or an education expert, but you do need to be a good team player and willing to learn more about your role. This can be done by attending training, school visits, and sharing information and expertise with other governors. Anyone aged 18 or over can apply.
We are keen to ensure that membership of our Governing Body reflects the diversity of the pupils in our school and community. Therefore we always welcome applications from under-represented groups, such as minority ethnic backgrounds.
(Constitution (effective from 25.11.2020) – 14 Govs in total: Head; 1 LA, 3 Parent, 8 Co-opted, 1 Staff)
The workload of the Governing Body is shared between various committees, each with its own chair.
Minutes from governing body meetings are available upon request, unless deemed confidential.
- Resources: Aaron Barnard, Matthew Bishop, Gemma Chumnansin, Mark Durell, Karen Meeres, Angeli Cornelius Terms of Reference
- Teaching, Learning & Wellbeing (TLW): Darren Arbon, Emma Bennett, Gemma Chumnansin, Gareth Gutteridge, Karen Meeres, Christine Deacon. Terms of Reference
- Strategic Planning Working Group: Darren Arbon, Aaron Barnard, Emma Bennett, Gemma Chumnansin, Karen Meeres Terms of Reference
- Pay Committee: Aaron Barnard, Matthew Bishop, Karen Meeres Terms of Reference
- Headteacher Appraisal Panel: Darren Arbon, Karen Meeres
Governors' Meeting Attendance and Register of Interests